Mass Intention Request
The practice of requesting a Mass to be offered for loved ones, living or deceased, is a beautiful part of our Catholic tradition. In our parish there are many requests for scheduling such Mass intentions. In order to be fair to everyone and allow as many parishioners as possible to schedule their Masses, we present the following policy:
- We will begin entering 2018 Masses in the book on Wednesday, September 13th at 10:00 am. The Intention Form on the reverse side of this sheet MUST be completed and returned to the parish office by mail or dropping it off in person. Going forward, ALL Mass requests must be received on this form. Extra copies of the form are available in the Parish Office and on the Parish website, www.sjcusc.org.
- AT THIS TIME, WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING MASS REQUESTS THROUGH AUGUST 31st, 2018.
- NO MASS INTENTIONS WILL BE TAKEN OVER THE PHONE AT THIS TIME.
- We will accept up to three (3) intentions per registered household. Of those intentions one (1) may be scheduled on a Sunday (including Saturday Vigil). The requests will be honored on a first-come, first-serve basis in the order in which the form is received at the Parish Office.
- A $10 offering, as determined by diocesan policy, is requested for each Mass intention and MUST be included with the Mass Intention Form. Checks should be made out to St. John Capistran.
- Please note the following policy for requested Mass intentions:
- Only one (1) Mass intention may be scheduled per Mass time.
- One (1) Mass every Sunday must be scheduled for the intentions of our parishioners, as required by the law of the Church.
- Only one (1) Mass request per week (Sunday-Saturday) may be scheduled for the same intention.
- Only one (1) Mass intention per week (Sunday-Saturday) may be requested by the same registered household.
- If it is not possible to schedule an intention for the date requested, you will be notified by the parish office and asked to provide an alternate date. An unavailable date is the only reason you will receive a phone call. If you do not receive a call from the Parish Office, then we were able to accommodate the dates you requested.