Pastor's Desk May 13, 2018
May 11, 2018
- In today’s Gospel… we hear a prayer conversation that Jesus has with God, his Father. In this most tender prayer, Jesus prays to the Father for each of us! Jesus prays that we may continue the work that he has begun. We do this by witnessing in our lives the faith we profess. In this way, we give glory to God.
- Happy Mother’s Day… to all moms, who give so much of yourselves to your families! As a small token of appreciation, a Mother’s Day prayer booklet will be given to all mothers after our masses this weekend. We also remember in our prayer today all mothers who have died. May they be rewarded for their kindness.
- The mother of Jesus… is our mother, too! The Blessed Virgin Mary is a model for us all. Along with the month of October, popular piety considers May as a month to remember Mary in a special way. Consider praying of the rosary, either by yourself, or along with a faithful group who prays the rosary following our weekday masses.
- Pentecost… is next weekend. This great feast concludes the Easter Season. Consider wearing something red to mass next weekend, as a sign of the Spirit among us! We will welcome to our Saturday 5:00 p.m. Pentecost Vigil Mass the Emmaus Community, who ministers to persons with mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
- The second collection next weekend… is for several worthy causes: The Catholic Relief Services; Aid for the Church in Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, and Africa. Please consider how you can help these needy causes.